5th Grade Concert Band
Documents and Forms
Members of the 5th grade band will meet once a day for rehearsal/class and will have a couple of after school practices prior to the concerts. Band is a full-year, graded course at Gardner Middle School, and students will be graded based on their understanding of how to play their instrument and reading music notation. We will be performing in four concerts this year, including Band Night with the GHS Band, a Winter Concert, a Spring Concert and the Great East Festival with Six Flags New England.
All 5th Grade Band members will need to have the following materials to participate in band:
- Your own instrument and all equipment that goes along with it…
- Flutes: instrument, cleaning rod and cleaning cloth
- Clarinets and Saxophones: instrument, reeds (always have extra reeds!! Reeds will not be given for free.), cork grease, cleaning swab
- Trumpets and Trombones: instrument, valve/slide oil
- Percussionists: Snare drum, drum stand, sticks, practice pad, drum key (Percussionists are also encouraged to have a luggage lock for their cases.)
- A folder with pockets or binder to hold your music
- A pencil to keep in your case
We will be working out of the book “Essential Elements for Band: Book 1” during band class. Students are strongly encouraged to have their own book..